• Sunday 29th Oct – Exeter Phoenix – 2pm-4pm
• Sunday 29th Oct – Power Bounce – Plymouth – 6pm-7:30pm
• Sunday 12th Nov – Stretchy Suzie’s – Cardiff – 12pm-2pm
• Sunday 12th Nov – LC Swansea – 5pm-6:30pm
•Sunday 19th Nov – Acro Library Movement Day – Bristol – 2pm-10pm
• Sunday 26th Nov – Bird Studios – Brighton – 12pm-2pm
• Sunday 26th Nov – Warehouse Dance & Fitness – Croydon – 4pm-5:30pm
• Sunday 3rd Dec – Amethyst Cave – Bournemouth – 4pm-5:30pm
• Sunday 14th Jan – Onyx Aerial & Fitness – Newton Abbot – 11am-12:30pm
• Sunday 14th Jan – Blackbrook Leisure – Taunton – 2pm-3:30pm
• Sunday 21st Jan – Pole Fitness Academy – Reading – 4pm-5:30pm
• Sunday 21st Jan- Pole Fitness Academy – Oxford – 7pm-8:30pm
• Sunday 4th Feb – Cotswold Leisure – Cirencester – 1:30pm-3:00pm
• Sunday 11th Feb – Buckler’s Mead Leisure – Yeovil – 11am-12:30pm
• Sunday 11th Feb – Tor Leisure – Glastonbury – 2pm-3:30pm
• Sunday 25th Feb – Nuffield – Portsmouth – 11am-12:30pm
• Sunday 25th Feb – Guildford Spectrum – Surrey – 2pm-3:30pm
• Sunday 11th March – Aura Dance Studios- Birmingham – 2pm-3:30pm
Acro Library Movement Day
• Sunday 19th November – Yanley Court. Bristol – 2pm-10pm
Partners & promoters
If you would like to book Ben Lowrey to deliver a workshop at your studio, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit this page for more information and resources.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.
Is the workshop suitable for beginners? Yes, so long as you can hold a plank and a downward dog for 30 seconds each, you have enough body strength for a handstand. Being able to hold a handstand against a wall for at least 10 seconds is another good measure.
Is it suitable for people who can already handstand? Yes. Many of my students have a gymnastic background, or are advanced Yogis who have already mastered handstand to some degree. I will adapt the class to challenge whoever is present. It’s very rare for people to leave my class unchallenged.
Can children attend? Not really. It is an adult class. Teenagers who are big enough to spot an adult are welcome to attend but I would prefer 15 as a minimum age and preferably gymnastic experience.
What should people wear? Normal comfortable gym/yoga clothes is fine.
Do we work on other inversions besides handstand? Yes we will spend a bit of time on forearm-stand, headstand, and crow variations because they are relevant and fun and challenging, but most of the class will be spent on handstand.
Can you really fill a 90 minute workshop with just handstands? Yes. There is a lot to work on. Flexibility, Strength, Balance. We work in pairs to spot each other and there is a lot of different exercises we will practise. The class is very fast paced and 90 minutes flys by. People are often surprised at how challenging it is.
What type of Handstand is it? Circus Handbalancing. We will train in the way a professional Circus Handbalancer would train. Yoga, Capoeira, Crossfit, Gymnastics, Break dance, all approach handstands in different ways. The strictest form is Circus Handbalancing.
You can find the booking links above.
If you need to contact me feel welcome to call, text, email, or add me on facebook.